Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Are Body Piercings Stylish?

"Moderation in all things"
-Terence (roman playwright, c 190-159 B.C.)

As humans, we have a strange fascination with placing foreign objects made of metal through our skin for the pure purpose of decoration. We all have seen those people with five earrings, two nose rings and a tongue piercing. While there is a certain image that is associated with multiple piercings, in some situations can they be stylish? My answer is yes. Like the quote above says, if you don't over do it piercings can have an edgy look. Here are some examples of perfect piercings.

Ear Piercings:


Just Enough:
Photo: Price Scope

Photo: Myspace
Too Much:
Photo: Happy News
Photo: veltharma.blogspot.com

Classic diamond studs look cute and classy no matter how many you have. The first picture is of three earlobe piercings, I love the different sizes of each stud. The second picture has one ear lobe stud and one cartilage stud, the tiny diamond is perfect. One or two cartilage piercings are okay but any more than three piercings on your ears is too much.

Nose Piercings:
Just Enough:
Photo: Sometimes It's Not Pretty
Photo: Health, Fitness...& Glamour
Too Much:
Photo: Piercing Map
Photo: Nose Piercings.net

Nose piercings when small, can be really cute. The first photo is of Miley Cyrus and I think she looks so pretty with the tiny nose stud, as well as the woman in the second picture does. The other photos do have too much though

In my opinion, belly button piercings only look good on certain people and tongue piercings are a little two far. For all of those people who have two single ear piercings, to look edgier try different styles of earrings.

What do you think?
Do you like the look of body piercings? what kind do you think are acceptable? Disagree with me? Tell me in a comment!

3 comments:

  1. I don't like belly button piercings at all because I just hate to think about how much they hurt. Small nose rings and earrings are okay, but eyebrow piercings can be a bit weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a person's style. Some people feel better with a lot of facial jewelry. I understand that it can be unattractive or not professional to some people. I know some people that can't be without all their facial jewelry and don't feel confident without them. I have body mods as well nose and lip piercings, stretched ears and other jewelry on my ears. I feel confident with them. I love them. I can remove them when I like but do feel like I'm missing something without them.

    ReplyDelete